Hey everyone! Check out my guest post over at Budgets Are Sexy. I talked about All The Money I’ve Earned (and Spent) In My Lifetime. Then come back and mock me for my irresponsibility!
iHeartBudgets has been around for just over a year and a half, and just recently within the last month, I’ve had a bunch of new people show up and participate in the shenanigans on this here site.
For all the awesome new peeps who are dropping by from other sites, or just ended up here because you got lost on the internet, WELCOME!
For those who want to know what this site’s all about, I’ve put together a Top 10 list of some of my favorite blog posts and pages that will give you a taste of what we’ve got goin’ on here, and hopefully whet your appetite for some more budget-friendly goodness that we’re dishin’ up.
And for those who want to join the ride, here are some awesome ways you can stalk and harass me
Instant emails whenever a blog post goes live (Don’t worry, no spam)
Follow me on Facebook
Tweet me on Twitter
Feed me on RSS
Plus me on Google
Pin me on Pinterest
Again, thank you for sharing some of your time with me, and I hope you enjoy the posts below. And as always, give me a shout and tell me how awesome I am on my Contact page (or in the comments )
Top 10 Posts Of Ever
- Budgeting Basics. Ok, So not just ONE post, but this series is the foundation on which I laid this site, and is essential reading for anyone who REALLY wants to rock a flippin’ sweet budget.
- How I Blew Through $100,000 Before I Turned 21. If the first post is what you SHOULD do, this post is all about what you SHOULDN’T do. Watch me burn $100k in 2 years like it’s nuthin’.
- Budget Friday: Submission 7. Budget Friday is probably the pinnacle of this site. I take real life case studies, get their info and create a VERY THOROUGH financial plan, and post it for the world to see. For you financial voyeurs out there, this is the place to be. This is one of my favs so far. Close 2nd – Budget Friday: Submission 6 – Weed Edition
- Churning Credit Cards For Travel and Hotel Rewards. This is where it all began. All said and done, we’ve earned over $10k in travel rewards this year alone. Our latest free trip – Travel Hacking A Free Trip To Hawaii For 7 People. And check out all our free travel on our Travel Hacking page.
- We Only Drive Fancy Cars. Cars are what keep the middle class broke. But we only drive fancy cars now. Check out how.
- I Heart Budgeting On Mint.com. Mint used to SUCK at budgets, but now they rock. We’ve been on Mint for the past 5 months and are diggin’ it.
- I Broke Up With My Financial Planner. This post was 9 years in the making. I feel like a new person.
- 5 Ways Being a Stay At Home Parent Saves You Money and Cloth Diapers vs. Disposables: Cost Comparison. Posts about some of the financial considerations of having a baby. Great discussion on the comments on these ones.
- Cut The Crap. This post is one of my all-time favorites. It really boils down how money should work for EVERYONE.
- Is My Emergency Fund Too Big?. Great discussion on what an emergency fund is, and how big it should be. Needless to say, I think I’ve changed my mind as of late.