I’m Jacob Wade, the Founder of iHeartBudgets!
I am a husband, father, and self-proclaimed #budgetnerd!
iHeartBudgets.net was created out a passion for helping you create a PLAN for your money and helping you keep more of it.
If you asked me a year ago what I thought I’d be doing today, it would not have included the following:
- Selling everything and quitting my six figure job
- Living in an RV with our family of 5 while traveling the country
- Wearing flip flops in December
Yet here we are.
Without our budget, NONE of this would have been possible.
So I want to pass on what I’ve learned over the past 10+ years of living on the budget and growing our wealth.
I’m Jacob Wade, and I gave up on the “American Dream.”
There’s nothing wrong with going to college, working hard, and build a life you LOVE, but I found out that the typical dreams of previous generations are now designed to keep you TRAPPED, and do not allow the Freedom to live life on your own terms.
Through a decade of intentional saving, planning and choices, we realized that we could step off the highway of the typical American life, and jump on the road less traveled.
I want to share the lessons we learned along the way, and show how YOU can build a Roadmap to Financial Freedom.
Who Is Jacob?
I’m just a regular guy with a passion for helping people understanding HOW MONEY WORKS.
I’ve also done a few crazy things in my life:
- Lived on $14 an hour and STILL saved money
- Enabled my wife to be a Stay At Home Mom
- Paid off over $40,000 in debt
- Grown our net worth from negative to over 6 figures
- Quit my six-figure job and travel the country for a year (2 years, actually!)
I am on a MISSION to spread the message of Financial Freedom, and to show that you can build a life you WANT, while still living a life you LOVE.
I have been writing about personal finance since 2012, and helping others make Better Money Decisions as a Money Coach since 2013.
I have been featured as a money expert in many national publications such as
I’m just a regular guy with a thing for budgets!
But here are 5 things that most people DON’T know about me:
- I’m a black-belt in Shitō-ryū karate
- I used to be a licensed Tax Professional (“Enrolled Agent” was my official title)
- I once performed at a concert in front of over 150 (paying) people. I rapped. About video games. (No, I will not give you the YouTube link)
- I am (sadly) a lifelong Seattle Mariners fan
- I eat mostly organic food. Except Doritos.
Please let me know if you need anything. I am here to help, and cannot WAIT until you start your journey to Financial Freedom!
I read ALL my emails, you can contact me directly HERE